CURRENT EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events:
- First Wednesday Prayer — Join us the First Wednesday for Monthly prayer and praise, 6:00 pm in the main FHH office (building 2) at 5501 Wiggins Rd SE, Olympia. Also, we gather weekly every Thursday morning for praise, worship and prayer at the Base located at 12643 Case Rd SW off the Maytown Exit.
- Jars Needed – Donate glass canning jars, lids and rings for the outreach in Ghana. A team will be taking supplies and teaching families in Ghana how to preserve vegetables and fruits. We are gathering supplies, pressure cookers, canning books and tools to be shipped this summer in advance of the team. Send email to OfficeManager@faithharvesthelpers.org to make arrangements for donations.
- Fall Harvest Bazaar — Monday, November 12 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Our 3rd annual FHH holiday bazaar will be held at Grace Covenant Church. Call Sharon Middleton at 360-561-4608 for more information.
- Base Updates
- Building One/Offices — The remodel of the first building at the property is progressing well and we’re in the next phase of interior work: painting, installing floors, cabinetry, fixtures, lighting, etc. Would you consider helping with completion? There’s a place for everyone to help as the office move-in date is fast approaching.
- Pole Barns — Building Permits are in hand! After over 20 months of waiting on the application process to be approved with the county, we can now begin construction on two 36×60 pole barns. We’ve been gathering supplies all along and have all the siding, insulation, poles and trusses. Now we need steel roofing material, specific lumber (2x6x14), concrete, OSB board and manpower. Let us know if you want to volunteer or donate toward the materials list.
- Permits — Please continue to pray for favor with the County for the other building permits to proceed.
- Open House – December 2018, tour the new offices and see all the updates to the base property. Let’s celebrate!
- Tribe to Tribe Warm Clothing Drive — Donate warm clothing for the Lakota Tribe in South Dakota. Bring sweaters, hats, gloves or coats to the Food Bank on Sundays and Wednesdays between the hours of 10 AM to 1 PM and tell the Food Bank workers the items are for the Tribe to Tribe Outreach. For further information call (360) 489-4081 or email Contact@faithharvesthelpers.org.
- Annual YWAM FHH Golf Tournament – Thanks to all our sponsors for a a fun and successful event. Put next year’s “Feed the Hungry” golf tournament on your calendar so you can join the fun: Saturday, August 24, 2019 at Riverside Golf Club in Chehalis.
- Outreach to Ghana (February 27—March 10, 2019)
- Annual FHH Auction (March 15, 2019)
- Outreach to Israel (September 2019)
- More about YWAMFHH – Learn more about current events and ministry opportunities by clicking these links: read YWAMFHH newsletters and watch YWAMFHH Youtube channel videos.
We are currently looking for people to serve in these volunteer departments:
- Food Bank Manager
- Automotive Mechanic
- Food Bank Drivers for pickup.
If you could help us with any of these needs please contact OfficeManager@faithharvesthelpers.org or call 360-339-4726 for details. Please fill out the Volunteer Opportunities form.
Annual Reports: The YWAM Faith Harvest Helpers annual reports are downloadable for review.