CURRENT EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events:
- ANNUAL AUCTION — You are invited to our Annual Auction Friday, November 4, 2022. Entertainment is special guest and comedian Marty Simpson. (See his comedy videos at https://www.drybarcomedy.com/martys.) Doors open at 5:00 PM for Silent Auction; Doors open at 6:00 for food, fellowship and the dessert live auction rounds out the evening. Event location is True Grace Church, 5615 30th Ave. SE, Lacey, WA 98503. Fundraiser event proceeds benefit the ongoing ministry of Youth With a Mission Faith Harvest Helpers. Tickets are $35 per person, non refundable. Buy your tickets now by registering here to follow the 2-step procedure to fill out registration form and submit payment.
How you can help: We are looking for merchandise (i.e. baskets, gently used items, services, certificates, and etc. If you use a particular service check with the company and ask if they would be willing to support FHH with a contribution or an item for auction. Table sponsorship is $50 and the sponsor will receive some free advertising.
ATTENTION BAKERS!! We are looking for bakers who would like to share their skills and goodies with the attendees of the Auction Dinner. Your contribution will be highlighted during the Dessert Dash at the Auction. Please contact Pat at (360) 489-4031 and provide the name of your dessert.
- “FEED THE HUNGRY” GOLF TOURNAMENT — Our Annual Golf event is scheduled for August 20 at
Riverside Golf Course. Contact Valerie Noyes at (360) 790-2839 or Pat Ramsdell at (360) 489-4031, email: email@example.com. Cost: $125 per player in 4-person teams. (Early Bird Registration: $115 by check with envelope postmarked by July 31, 2022) Sponsors are welcome. See signup details here:
- EBAY OPTIONS: Recently we developed an on-line presence through Ebay. New items are added often, so check back frequently! To access, sign in to ebay.com and next to the search bar at the top, click Advanced Search. Scroll down to Sellers. Check this button: “Specific sellers (enter seller’s user IDs) “ and type in dimccul-30. Ebay may default to “search for seller dimccul-30”. Select that seller and all currently listed items will be displayed.
- CAMPUS UPDATE: AG Buildings
We have completed the electrical pre-wiring, and the installation in the walls of AG warehouse building (Pole Barn #3). We have completed the PSE interface project for power to AG buildings (pole barn #2 and #3). We have been working with L&I and Madsen Electric on the exterior power installation. The cost of copper wire for the electrical service has tripled since COVID-19, and continues to increase almost daily. With the increases in the cost of wire the current estimate is $15,000 to complete electrical installation. We need to continue to raise funds for the wire in AG buildings. One building will house the food processing (clean room) facility and the other is for warehouse / storage needs. Work parties are daily. If you’d like to help progress on these barns or make a donation, contact us.
- FOOD BANK Open 10 am – 1 pm Sunday and Wednesday at True Grace Church 5615 30th Ave SE. Lacey at the outer building in the parking lot.
Volunteers needed: Drivers to pick up food and Volunteers to work on Sunday and Wednesday with distribution.
- More about YWAMFHH – Learn more about current events and ministry opportunities by clicking these links: read YWAMFHH newsletters and watch YWAMFHH Youtube channel videos.
We are currently looking for people to serve in these volunteer departments:
- Food Bank Manager
- Automotive Mechanic
- Food Bank Drivers for pickup.
If you could help us with any of these needs please contact OfficeManager@faithharvesthelpers.org or call 360-339-4726 for details. Please fill out the Volunteer Opportunities form.
Annual Reports: The YWAM Faith Harvest Helpers annual reports are downloadable for review.